Wednesday, January 6, 2010

holiday and other happenings

Big stuff going on around here these weeks. Christmas was wonderful and I really enjoyed every gathering we went to. I really enjoyed being with my and Nathan's family. I really feel like this was our last commercial Christmas, since that's the way we are shifting, but it was very fun and the kids had a blast and I loved watching them enjoy it. New Year's at Nathan's sister's house was fun too.

This week we decided to go as organic as possible to see if we can afford it. We wanted to see how much we would actually spend if we eat healthful meals at home instead of semi healthful at home and going out to eat several times.

Also, we joined a gym this week!!! I am so excited! It's a little further away than I had hoped, but the ones that were close were outrageously expensive comparatively, and not nearly as nice. We joined Urban Active Fitness, and it has a pool for Nathan, a room full of equipment to use while watching a movie, LOTS of other equipment, a whole floor of weights (which I will never use) an indoor track and best of all a child care center where I can take all 4 kids to play and exercise while I do. Not only can I take them, I can afford to take them. I don't think I can afford not to! Nathan and I could even go on a date there. Put the kids in the kids room and go for a walk together on the track, or race in the pool, or even just read a book while I bike (like this other girl was doing last night:) or take a shower. There is also a mini-gym inside the ladies locker room in case I don't want to work out in front of men. This is so exciting for me!

Since we are eating healthfully this week we go to shop at whole foods (yay!) and I was wearing Chloe in the moby and she was wearing her super cute crocheted hat that I made her and I was approached by a lady who is opening a kids clothing store to see if I would consider selling them!! I am so excited. It would be nice to make some money from a craft! Especially one that I enjoy :)

My birthday is next week, and I'm not sure what we're doing yet, but I think we're going out with Jamie and Josh Pike since her birthday is one day before mine. Here I come 26!

Nathan posted iso of a church on freecycle and we got some responses, and there is even one church we are going to try! Cross your fingers eyes and toes that this is the one cause I'm tired of searching. It should not be this hard to find a church that we like! There is not one church in H-burg that we like well enough to consider, so we'll still be driving a ways, but at least it will be less than one hour and 10 minutes to our old church.

Alright I'm sure that's enough information about my everyday life for now. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy Birthday!

PS I am a total nerd and read all 4 twilight books, and I. loved. them. In case you haven't heard (ha!) they're great :)

No comments: