Thursday, June 9, 2011

pictures, finally!

Welcome back sweet laptop!

A butterfly Nathan woke me up to come and see this morning. (He took this photo)


THE place to be at our house!


People kept giving us tomato plants, so we just dug up some ground and stuck them right in.






The sad raised bed. The onions are thriving, 2 tomato plants, and not much else.




The good raised bed. Beans and peas and spinach are doing well here.




The newest addition to our family of gardens. The tiller quit in the middle where the grass is, but it's a good walkway. Potatoes and tomatoes are planted here, though I'm not sure if they are going to do well or not. Wheat needs to be planted, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen or not.



The corn patch. To the right of the dirt walkway is our sweet corn. To the left is buckwheat in the back and popping corn up front.


These are some of the flowers given to me by my mother-in-law. The little orange flowers are my favorites, but I can't remember what they are.



This summer is going to be great. I've been doing a lot of sitting by (or in) the kiddie pool and sitting under the umbrella on the deck. I almost feel guilty that I'm not busy cleaning something, but it has just been too nice. I hope the kids continue to be entertained by 8 inches of water for months to come.


3 comments:

Vicky said...

Your garden is growing well and I'm sure 8 inches of water will keep the kids busy.

Annika said...

I like your new banner! And that butterfly looks ginourmous!

Unknown said...

Annika,
Thanks! Peonies are one of my favorite flowers and those were from my grandmother :)

And that butterfly was HUGE--the size of a hand!