Wednesday, March 18, 2009

finally, some stress is being relieved...

Lots is going on here! We found a house with some land that we really love and are preparing to make and offer on it. As soon as we get our (bigger better) offer letter on our house from the state I believe we will be able to put an offer in on the new one. We actually really love it and hope everything works out. It's in Harrodsburg, but is very close to most everything we wanted to be close to. It's not close to church, so I'm not entirely sure if we are going to find a new one or not. (We most likely will.)

Also, I went to the obstetrician yesterday to have a baby appointment. It had been so long since I was there that they insisted that I see a DR instead of my midwife to get a "good" check-up. I was a little disappointed and a bit angry. I had missed my last appointment because of the giant ice storm and never made another appointment, mostly because I was trying to decide if this midwife was the way I wanted to go. She was friendly and I liked her well enough. She answered all my questions satisfactorily (at least the ones that I remembered to ask), but I was still considering a home birth. (I would actually love to have one, but with moving and not knowing exactly where our home will be this far into the pregnancy, I decided against it.) Back to the point--I was hoping that since I was seeing a midwife that there wouldn't be a freakout since, you know, pregnancy and birth is considered to be natural and not a medical emergency or event, however, I went to the appointment and got an outspoken nurse who was a bit surprised that I asked questions at all. The OB was a bit weird and not at all who I want to deliver my baby. Actually I would like Nathan to do it, but we'll see how that goes over at St. Joe East. Hopefully this was a one time visit with this Dr and he will be far away when I have the little one. It feels strange now to question doctors and nurses after a lifetime of taking them at their word, but it's so cool too, to know that I CAN question anyone at all. (By the way, I think the new word for cool is "sweet", but I feel like a dork saying that in any other way than I already do, so I'm sticking with cool.") Nathan and I went to the appointment together yesterday, while his sister Trina kept our kids. We had a really good time laughing at everything ridiculous together. I love my sweet husband. He makes me laugh and laughs at the same things I do, so even a trip to the OB is a very fun, funny event. We also stopped and ate at chick-fil-a, went to whole foods for our dairy products and some produce (and some yummy whole wheat organic "pop-tarts". Yeah, I know, but they are SO good and it keeps us from getting McDonald's on the way to church on Sundays. And they were on sale:) and stopped by Cato's where I got a pair of pants that actually fit at this point in my pregnancy. All in all it was a pretty good day, you know minus the weird Dr part.

I had an ultrasound yesterday as well, and it was a really fun little appointment. They had the latest technology and it worked so much more quickly and efficiently than the ones we had with the other kids. We saw all the little parts and everything looked so healthy and whole! I am so thankful for the blessing of health on our sweet new baby. We got a few pictures and saw the little one move and wiggle and show us every part. Yes, we know what the gender is! Do you want to know?

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Amy-I'm with ya on the questioning. When Mikaela was born, I just did what I was told. But-after I've grown some, and learned a lot more than I knew before, I'm a little irritated that people actually feel like they can tell you when and where to go to deliver, and even who can can't be in the room at the time...as long as it's a healthy pregnancy and there's no problem with the baby...what's the big deal? The nurse practitioner I used to see in Danville moved to Lexington (Central Baptist) and is studying for her midwife cert. I hope she has it before we have another! People freak out like women didn't deliver babie on their own for thousands of years...
Anyway, congrats on the healthy baby!