Friday, April 1, 2011

fun boots

Inspired by a post here, I just had to give it a try. Here is the before: And here are the after shots:


I think they turned out pretty cute! What do you think? This project was so fun not to mention FREE! I already had the ugly black boots and bottles of paint. I think my favorite part is the lace-ish detailing at the top of the boots.


3/4 of my kids took advantage of all the bottles of puff paint sitting on the counter (the other was napping). Some lovely art was produced by all. I would show you a picture of them working, but since we were using fabric paint I made them paint in their skivvies. I don't think they would appreciate those pictures being shown around!

6 comments:

Jen @ My Own Road said...

Wow I love what you did with these!! The lace on the top is beautiful!!

affectioknit said...

Those boots are adorable! WOW!

Unknown said...

Thanks you guys :) These were seriously so much fun. I want to puff paint everything now! I think Nathan might get mad if I painted his boots though.

Annika said...

Prettiest rubber boots ever! You are so creative.

Vicky said...

Funky wellies!
Shame to get them dirty.

Decker Digital Design said...

I totally want you to make me some shoes and shirts in your cute little designs!!!!!! Very ethnic!!! Bohemian!!!