Wednesday, March 9, 2011

yesterday

  • I got my second ever paycheck for selling hats yesterday!!
  • My daughter threw a tantrum yesterday, the likes of which have NEVER been seen around these parts, resulting in her absolute incarceration for as long as she continues to present such an attitude toward her mother. This includes putting away ALL of her toys into big black garbage bags which she may not access, and taking away pretty much every choice she had before, including wardrobe, hairstyle, drink choice...
  • I tried to buy a camera yesterday at 2 wal-marts, but neither had any of the ones I wanted in stock. Then I left my purse (full of hat money) in the shopping cart and didn't realize it until I got home. I prayed to God that it wouldn't be stolen, and by His grace it wasn't. Someone returned it to customer service with *all* of the money still in it.
  • the sickness is upon us. A gross snotty coughing cold has invaded most of our bodies, making it difficult to do anything but hold sad sick babies (or waste time on the internet) while the dishes pile up, and the out of control laundry officially wins the war.
  • I am grateful that it's only a cold, that people will buy the hats I make,that God cares to answer what I perceive to be insignificant prayers, that we have clothes to launder, and that my daughter might come out of this with a lesson learned (please pray it is so!!). And I am grateful that yesterday is over, and that today is looking slightly less sucky.

No comments: